cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
luisbubu90
Beginner

QVPN DOESN´T WORK

I have just installed an RV042W router at my small business, and am trying to connect to it via QVPN from home. I have been unable to do so, no matter what I try. Pertinent information:

I can connect to the router via Remote Management just fine, so I know the router is accessible from the Network.

laptop running Windows 7 Home (64-bit), with Windows Firewall disabled and antivirus disabled.

What am I missing?Latest firmware

3 REPLIES 3
jonatrod
Rising star

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Luis, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. First at all I apologize for the problem you are having,  In Windows 7 and Windows Vista enviroment you have to enabled your firewall and create 2 rules in your firewall in order to connect your vpn, I ´ll share with you a document in order to configure it.

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2922

I hope you find this answer useful, if you need help with the configuration please let me know and I´ll help you.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thanks Jonatan

It works but why didn´t work if the firewall was off?is that a bug?

Hello Luis,

QVPN is a utilty that runs with Windows service. The way microsoft has it set up, if you disable the Windows firewall then it will turn off your IPsec and IKE policy/services built into windows, if you enable the windows firewall they are turned on. So its not a bug.