cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this February issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

SA 540 ssl vpn client issues on windows 7 64-bit

I am trying to bring up SSL VPN Tunnel for a customer that has a SA 540 running firmware

2.1.51. We are using a Windows 7 64 bit PC and IE8 to test access. When the VPN client trys to download onto our computer, we get the following message on the web page:

"WARNING: VPN Tunnel could not be installed. Verify you are running Microsoft Internet Explorer and your browser security settings allow ActiveX controls. To enable ActiveX, add this site as a Trusted Site in your browser's Internet Options » Security menu."

We are selecting to allow ActiveX and have enabled it in the browser options. We have also added the VPN portal as a trusted site. We have manually installed the certificate. However, still receive the above error.

I knew that there were known issues on the older firmware.

Please advice.

Ping Petchged

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant

Re: SA 540 ssl vpn client issues on windows 7 64-bit

Hi Ping Petchged,

Please see the following thread, and in particular follow the instructions on the attached zip file.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3161835#3161835

Hope this can help you out.

Cheers,

Julio

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Julio;

I already tried those solutions but non of them work for me.

Please advice.

Ping Petchged

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Ping Petchged,

Dev team returned that this error will occur probably when there is no proper Windows-2005 VC++ 64-bit version installed or there is higher version also installed along with 64-bit which leads to a conflict.

They would like to know if possible, that they get remote access to the network to troubleshoot SSL VPN Client, and have them verify SSL VPN configuration. You can send me your contact information on a private message, and then I can arrange the troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Julio

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Julio;

Thank you for your time. we just tested on the other Windows 7 64 bit machine and it worked. I think it might be issues on the machine itself.

anyway thank you for your helps.

Best Regards,

Ping Petchged