cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
georgedwm
Beginner

Setting up FTP port forward

Hi,

I'm having issues setting up an FTP port forwarding on my SA540.
I'm using firmware 2.1.18

I'm trying to forward from port 18929 trough port 191010 on my extern WAN IP address to -> 192.168.57.99 on port 18929 trough port 191010

How can I do this? I managed to setup port forwarding from 1 port to another port by adding a custom service.

I added a custom service to use in the port forwarding IPv4 Firewall Rules, but I'm confused as to how this will work. Because I can only "translate" one port number AFTER I select "Enable Port Forwarding". Or do I NOT set this in this instance and will the router understand this?

With kind regards,

George

3 REPLIES 3
sveinskogen
Beginner

First of all: Yes you will need port forwarding (you're changing the port).

But ... 191010? Isn't that ... quite a bit outside the 65536 (0-65535) ports IP can handle?

//Svein

juliomar
Participant

Hi George,

The first thing that you need to do is create a custom service on the SA500 Configuration Utility web page thru the Firewall -> Services -> Custom Service.

Name it as GeorgeFTP or whatever, then select the starting TCP Port 18929 and the Finish Port 19101 - you cannot create a port higher than 65535.

Next, create a forward firewall rule to allow GeorgeFTP service to be forwarded from the WAN to the DMZ.  On the SA500 Configuration Utility web page thru the Firewall ->IPv4 Rules -> Click Add...

Rule should have

From Zone- Unsecure (WAN/OptinalWAN)

To Zone- DMZ ( or SECURE LAN if setup that way)

Service -select ZGeorgeFTP. 

Action - Allow Always Source Hosts- Any or whichever hosts you will allow.

Internal IP Address: IP address of your FTP server

External IP Address: Dedicated Wan (or alias address if setup that way)

You do not need to check the Port Forwarding Button for this case.

Click Apply.  Test this out...

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

Julio

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

Julio,

That's what I figured. The router is "smart" enough to understand that it can use the ports setup in the service.

The port numbers are obviously imaginary.

Thank you for your help.