cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SSH into ISA 570

Hello,

Anyone know how to SSH into the ISA 570?

I keep getting Connection Refused and I can't find any options to enable or allow access as for the SG300 switches there is a simple way to enable access from the webinterface.

paul-mbp:~ paulsteenbergen$ ssh paul@192.168.1.1

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.1 port 22: Connection refused

Thanks

Everyone's tags (7)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: SSH into ISA 570

Paul,
The ISA doesn't have a CLI. It's web access only.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
6 REPLIES 6
Contributor

Paul,
The ISA doesn't have a CLI. It's web access only.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I wonder why Cisco can call this a Small Business device when it does not even allow me to connect over SSH

Contributor

Many of us would like to have CLI to devices but most of their SMB devices are web access only.

Beginner

But I have also SG300 switches which are also SMB devices and do allow SSH connections.

Hopefully someday Cisco will do ISA owners a favor and enable this...

Contributor

Agreed

Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

As Shawn mentioned, the ISA500s are designed for web access only.  There is Remote Support via SSH capability, but it is for advanced debugging by Cisco engineers only.  It is not meant for configuring and/or managing the box.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Brandon