cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Ejaz Ahmed
Beginner

VPN between cisco WRVS4400N and EdgeMarc

Hi Experts

Please help me.

Is it possible to create VPN between cisco WRVS4400N and EdgeMarc appliance.

Regards,

Ejaz

2 REPLIES 2
David Hornstein
Rising star

Hi Ejaz

I don't expect any cisco folks that answer this community to be expert on EdgeMarc, but i may be wrong..

We employ a open standard IPSec implementation.

Here is the open source document that relates to the RV220W.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv220w/open_source/OSD_RV220W_78-19892-02.pdf

The question  could have  been,  have you asked EsgeMarc if they wiork with open standard based IPSec implemations on our routers. 

I would prefer you look at the RV220W if possible, which is a relatively young product.

I am guessing since you can source a product from Disti, try one and see if it works.

The beauty of buying from a Cisco Disti Partner, is they they have a  returns policy. Check out that policy, if you wish and  keep the packaging and try out your application.

Answered a question with someone trying to form a IPSec link to a OEM firewall/ IPSec gateway ..it worked. so give your application a try

regards Dave.

Joergen Thomsen
Beginner

For what it is worth. I am new to VPN, but have succeeded in creating 3 different types of VPNs (IPsec, PPTP, SSL) from a Linux server to the RV220W using the (maybe) latest beta firmware 1.0.2.4.

That part of the RV220W seems to be relatively mature and bugfree.