cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Which Cisco for my company size ?

Hello there,

I'm looking for help :) 

I'm actually working in an international retail company. 

We do have 50 stores around the world and an administrative office (50 persons) in Normandy.

All our stores are connected to the administrative point through an IPSEC tunnel built between ASA 5505/5506 (in stores) and an old ASA 5510  (Normandy).

Everything works perfectly but I would like to replace my 5510 (which is 10+ years old).

So, some questions come in my mind :

- Can I choose a CISCO ASA 5506 in my office ? (50 users / 50 ipsec tunnel / 5 anyconnect)

- If not, what is the best model that fit my company size ? 

- Which licence should I buy additionnaly ?  Security plus ? Anyconnect ?

Thank you !

Regards,

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Which Cisco for my company size ?

IMHO a 5506 is a bit low end for what you want. Out of the box is only supports 10 peer-peer VPNs, although there is an optional "Security plus license", which expands that to 50. That would mean NO room for any additional shops.  The 5506 also has some hardware limitations which restricts the software it can run, recent versions of the FTD software do not run on it,  but they will on any of the larger units. Lastly, the 5506 can only comfortably keep up with a 50Mb up/down connection, under worse case scenarios.

If you have 100Mb or slower connection into head office, I would suggest a 5508, for up to 200Mb, a 5516. The 5506 is a bit of a step backwards in terms of overall "grunt" from a 5510.

For licencing, you will need some Anyconnect licences, but I *Think* those can be transferred from your old unit.

Beginner

Re: Which Cisco for my company size ?

I understand your situation, sometimes I also got the same problem as you have, but Hope is great you know. I hope you get solution.