Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

RV260P & RV345P

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

Hi. We have been looking at using either the RV260P or RV345P as basically a "network in a box" type of solution for some of our small customers. The hope is we can use these devices when the customer has 8 or fewer VoIP phones rather than deploying a small business router and a separate small business poe switch. The layout is simple- create a data vlan and a voice vlan and ensure QoS. Do these routers support auto voice vlan across their LAN ports? Do they support CDP or LLDP? Has anyone on here used these in this capacity? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 Comments
VIP Mentor

Sure couple of known customers use the same use-case here, its good to deploy as PoC for 2 sites and observe the feature you looking is working as expected. then roll out the rest of the place is a good idea.

Beginner

JustinBramlett65154,

I have been very happy with an upgrade to the 345P, which includes PoE which is great for IP Phones and APs.  This is especially true for higher power APs like the 2800 (class 4) which drew too much power for the power injectors I had for the 1815s.

I believe the RV325 defaults to Voice VLAN25 and Data VLAN1, but I no longer recall the factory-out-of-box settings.  They support VLANs across the ports, and LLDP can be enabled with LLDP Neighbors.  I can't see any drawback given the simple SoHo settings you describe. 

My only issue so far has been the realization that the max entries on the IP/MAC binding table is 100...which seems like enough for SoHo, but I seem to add new devices all the time (e.g. a WiFi enabled HEPA air filter last week).  

Overall, I've had a great experience with this router.

-Steve