Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

RV260W Windows VPN

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

How do I configure a Windows VPN to a Cisco RV260W?  Firmware 1.0.00.17 purchased June 2020

Tried PPTP many different ways and all I can ever receive is:

"The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server". 

PPTP server is enabled, admin group and vpn group is associated under User Authenticatioin, MPPE tried with 128-bit and None, credentials I am using do work for logging in to the remote console as an admin.

Does anyone have this working?    It appears to be a popular problem.  Does not work even with just PAP. 

Is there a setup guide for for using IKEv2?  No combination of anything I can find will make this work. Note the Extended Authentication is grayed out and cannot be selected.  In the user groups "C2S IPSec VPN" is "Disable" for all groups and if I edit the group the "Client to Site VPN" + (add) button is inactive. The only error I ever get is "IKE authentication credentials are unacceptable".

I edited all the users to remove special characters from the passwords as I read that was an issue with other RV routers.

It's as if the user accounts are not associated with any PPTP or IPsec services but I can't figure out how to do that?

I've configured lots of other routers with PPTP or L2TP VPN including previous generation Cisco RV routers and never had such a hard time. 

I tried calling the 1-800 number but when I told them I didn't have a Cisco Id they hung up without even so much as a "have a nice day".

Frustrated.

1 Comment
Beginner

Have you ever had any success with this? I've been trying for a while now and haven't had any.

Thanks,

Tom