cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

modernization

Ibrohim
Level 1
Level 1

I have 250 branches all over the Republic. And now I have to modernizate Cisco 1861 to smth newer Router. Which routers' model and characteristic advice me?
thanks before
note: every branches have maximum 80 staffs

3 Replies 3

cisco 4000 series need to be matched to this requirement. also for low density places you can use 1000 series. create a exact requirement sheet with user count and port count required. then use that to select proper cisco model from 1000 and 4000 series. if you are not good enough to match the models, get cisco partner's help from your area.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

As you are considering updating you network, why dont you start thinking change your architecture as well.  How do you manage those 250 routers? it is per device?   sdwan will give you the possibility of manage all your routers from one place

Take a look on this material, it is excellent.

https://www.networkacademy.io/ccie-enterprise/sdwan/why-do-we-need-sd-wan 

i am thing about change topology but my budjet 3mln$ (for All 250 branches)
i have one quession for you. after modernization i will have to manage it with SD-WAN.
what is physical requirment? how many uplinks will need me(somebody say that"you will have to for SD-wan 2 uplink port")
pls give me help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: