Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This Application Note describes the configuration of SPA phones (with 6.1 release) to activate the integration of LDAP based corporate directories (such as Microsoft Active Directory 2003 and OpenLDAP), allowing corporate directory contacts search and dial from the SPA9X2 phones.
Comments
michelkroon
Community Member

Ok I got it to work. I can search al users and contacts in AD.

Now I have another question.

Is it possible to search in exchange? I would like to create an addresslist thats I can update using Outlook and that I can search using the IP Phone.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Michel

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michel,

Thanks for letting me know that you have LDAP working.

No, the phone does not support Exchange.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

ryan-glenn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible for SPA9x2 using LDAP to display multiple numbers such as telephone no, mobile no., etc. on a single name?

Regards,

Ryan

c.hulcher
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can have the query return multiple items including different phone numbers but only the first attribute that is given the "t=p" tag will be dialable by pushing the "dial" button.

ryan-glenn
Level 1
Level 1

Any plans of adding that option in the future? To be able to dial any phone numbers not just one on a particular query.

Thanks,

Ryan

ryan-glenn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have another question on LDAP. Does SPA9x2 phones support SSL encryption on LDAP? If yes how do we configure the phone for this?

Regards,

Ryan

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ryan,

Being able to select from alternate contact numbers and dialing is supported by the SPA525G phone. I've not seen this feature on the SPA9x2 roadmap, but have alerted the phone's product manager.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ryan,

We're going to release SPA9x2 firmware to support dialing alternate contact numbers. I don't yet have a release date, but it is in the works.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

radovan.mzik
Community Member

Hello, I would like to ask if there is any progress with firmware which will support dialing multiple contact numbers? One of our customers is asking us for this feature. Many thanks in advance. Radovan

bsd3000it
Community Member

hi Patrick

I have configured the following environment

Several Linksys spa922 with FW version 6.1.5(a).

Asterisk 1.6 Pbx

OpenLdap 2.4

All phones are connected properly to the ldap server.

if I search in the phonebook, I get the correct results from LDAP.

that's great but....

When a call comes in from the outside, the phones do not perform query on ldap so  I see the caller's number on the display NOT the name taken from the ldap

There are any way to get CN in incoming calls?

kind regards

c.hulcher
Level 1
Level 1

Manuel,

Any name information that is displayed on incoming calls from the outside is based on the incoming caller ID information from the phone company.  I don't think that the phone will perform an LDAP lookup for name resolution on calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: