Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This application note is targeted to Asterisk administrators, users, enthusiasts, and those considering for the first time, Cisco's small business IP phones in a hosted environment. The Cisco SPA5xx phone family is introduced. The document describes how to factory reset a phone, upgrade its firmware, register it to an Asterisk server, and add extensions.

Comments
JGranade
Level 1
Level 1

I believe there's a typo on page 14 that can prevent users from receiving onbound calls.  I was able to make calls via an Asterisk PBX just fine but inbound calls wouldn't ring on the SPA525G.  Digging in I saw that I had not set "Use Auth ID" to 'yes' and I hadn't set the "Auth ID".  On page 14, section 2, b, it has the extension password of '151secret' for the 'Auth ID:' but it should be the actual extension # '151' rather than the extension password.

Again, the 'Auth ID' should be your SIP extension # rather than the extension password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: