cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
smallbusiness
Community Manager
Community Manager

Article ID:2722

Configure Ring and Call Waiting Patterns in Regional Voice Settings on SPA112 and SPA122

Objective

Distinctive ring and call waiting patterns are used to adjust ring and call waiting cadences. The distinctive ring identifies different callers on the same line while the call waiting patterns are used to identify different callers who are on wait on the same line. This article explains how to configure a distinctive ring and call waiting patterns in regional vice parameters on a SPA112 or a SPA122.

Applicable Devices

• SPA112
• SPA122

Software Version

• 1.3.2(014)

Distinctive Ring and Call Waiting Patterns Configuration

Step 1. Log in to the Phone Adapter Configuration Utility and choose Voice > Regional. The Regional page opens:

Distinctive Ring Patterns

The Ring Cadence field values (called cadence scripts) are defined as follows: Total Ring Time (How long the tone is emitted in seconds / how long the tone is silent in secs). For example, the value 60(2/4) would emit a tone for 2 seconds and then remain silent for 4 seconds, repeating until 60 seconds have passed. Multiple tone on/off pairs can be entered in one cadence script.

Step 2. Enter values in the Ring Cadence fields. These are cadence scripts for corresponding distinctive ring tones on the phones connected to the device.

Step 3. Click the Submit button to save changes.

Distinctive Call Waiting Tone Patterns

The Call Waiting Tones (CWT) are used to identify different callers who are on wait on the same line.

Step 2. Enter values in the CWT Cadence field. These are cadence scripts for corresponding distinctive CWT.

Step 3. Click the Submit button to save changes.

Distinctive Ring and Call Waiting Tone Pattern Names

Step 2. Enter values in the Ring Name fields. These are the names in an INVITE's Alert-Info Header to pick distinctive ring/CWT 1 - 8 for the inbound call.

Step 3. Choose the desired waveform for the calls from the Ring Waveform drop-down list. This is the waveform for the ringing signal.

• Sinusoid — The ring signal is sinusoidal.

• Trapezoid — The ring signal is trapezoidal.

Step 4. Enter a desired value in the Ring Frequency field. This is the frequency of the ringing signal, ranging from 10 to 100 Hz.

Step 5. Enter a desired value in the Ring Voltage field. This is the ringing voltage. It ranges from 60 to 90 V.

Step 6. Enter a desired value in the CWT Frequency field. This is the frequency script of the call waiting tone.

Step 7. (Optional) To have all the lines ring until one line answers the call choose yes from the Synchronized Ring drop-down list. The default setting is No.

Step 8. Click the Submit button to save changes.

Comments
macyman59
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where call waiting works, second caller shows on my phone (Panasonic KX-TG8061JT) display....however, Panasonic manual indicates to press ECO/R button (corresponds

to flash button) to respond to second call - but it does not work! I called Panasonic and they say

that certain features do not work on VOIP calls. So, which leads me to my question: is there anyway to configure SPA122 adapter allowing it to press a certain button on the Panasonic phone that would enable it to answer call waiting? Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: