Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This document describes how to configure both Broadsoft and the SPA5xxG IP phone for BLF, manually and with BLF List URI.

The document also describes how to configure and use call pickup (CP), both group call pickup and directed call pickup.

Comments
bgottlieb
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick,

This is a nice document, but should also include using the BLF "list" URI subscription. It is much easier to provision when monitoring alot of users and is dynamic (i.e. if the Broadsoft BLF changes, the phone changes with it). There is one MAJOR drawback to doing the "list" method though... When the initial NOTIFY is received, the phone fills in all of the users in the list with only blf+cp, not blf+cp+sd. I REALLY wish this would get resolved, as it would make provisioning BLF's that much easier.

Regards,

- Bill

adameliasen
Community Member

I agree, blf+cp+sd should be used by the "list" method.

Has anyone been able to get directed call pickup to work.

Regards,

Adam

adameliasen
Community Member

Great News! I notice the follwing in the 7.4.4 release notes:
"Added speed-dial function to BroadSoft auto-busy lamp field key. (SIP)"

I haven't had the chance to test it yet.

Directed Call Pickup from BLF

I'm having problem with the CallPickup with Broadworks. When I press a blinking BLF button the phone only dials *98, not *98<extension>.

I have also tried defining "Attendant Console Call Pickup Code" = *98# as suggested on some Asterisk forums without success.

I define the according the documentation:
fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=monitoring-phone@bsblf.com;usr=4085558001@bsblf.com

Any suggestions?

regards,

Adam

bgottlieb
Level 1
Level 1

Adam,

That is indeed good news.. I will try out the new s/w ASAP.

In regards to the call pickup, I have found it to work with no issues. Remember it is not doing a "directed" call pickup on the incoming line.. It is doing a "group" call pickup. Assign your BLF user in a Call Pickup Group along with all of the users that the user is monitoring. When an incoming call comes into one of the monitored users, pressing a flashing button causes the phone to dial a "*98" which picks up the incoming call....

Hope that helps...

- Bill

adameliasen
Community Member

Bill,

Thanks for your answer. The group call pickup would work in most cases. The problem is if there are two calls coming in at the same time it is difficult to know which one you are answering.

I was hoping for directed call pickup support for Broadworks with the syntax "*97#", where # whould resolve to the blinking extension.

This seems to be supported for Asterisk BLF according to the following link (see bottom of the page):
http://www.yourexodus.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:spa962-spa942-and-blf-busy-lamp-field&catid=45:articles&Itemid=88&fontstyle=f-smaller

-adam

bgottlieb
Level 1
Level 1

I agree. *98 always picks up the "first" incoming call (i.e. if there were 3 incoming calls, it would pick up the one that was ringing the longest...)

- Bill

smartnet
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunatly, this is not working . We have a problem with blf on spa504g phone with broadsoft on tcp only.

The spa504g is not learning the Record-Route within our 200 OK (for the first Subscribe). It must set its route set (Route header) to match the list of URIs in the Record-Route header sent in the response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: