Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Before you start, make sure CUE is up with “CUE Diagnostics” and Voicemail is fully operational. Note that the Jabber Client does require a license that needs to be purchased.

Required Software: CCA 3.2.1, Software Pack 8.6.0. Cisco Jabber for iPhone 8.6.4 or higher.

Note: Jabber Supper  is limited in this Maintenance Release and functionality is basic.

Limitations and Restrictions on Jabber with UC500:

•              iPhone must be bound to Voice VLAN ( Heavy data usage on iPhone through Wifi may have side effects on Voice Quality).

•              No Multisite support.

•              Limited features supported on SIP Phones.

•              No Shared Line support.

•              No TSW support.

•              Voice Quality not guaranteed.

•              Our apologies, VPN support has been retracted due to side effects on SIP endpoints /trunks and CUE.

Known Caveats:

1. DTMF tones orginating from Jabber for iPhone are not recognized by Cisco Unity Express and some SIP service provides. To fix this issue, log

in to the UC500 using SSH/Telnet and enter the command:

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml

under the voice register pool for Cisco Jabber. (CSCts87199).

2.  If an outbound proxy is configured under a SIP trunk, it may cause incoming calls (internal and external) to Cisco Jabber to fail. To fix this

issue, log in to the UC500 using SSH/Telnet and enter the command:

no outbound-proxy

under the voice register global command.

Configuration:

1. Find the MAC address of your iPhone. On iPhone go to Settings -> General  and Note the value.

2. Go to Telephone -> Users and Extensions -> Users and phones and create Cisco Mobile –IOS with the Mac Address

CCA1.png

Hit OK.

3. Connect iPhone Wifi to Voice Vlan on the UC500. On your iPhone Go to App store and download and install Cisco Jabber for iPhone. Open app and follow instructions.

4. Accept Notice and then Enter Account Settings

Jabber1.png

5. Then Enter Begin and then Enter Communication Manager settings as follows

Device ID: sep<Mac address>

TFTP Server: Voice VLAN IP address on UC500

Turn on User Authentication and enter the Username and Password that was created in Step 2

And then hit Save

Jabber2.png

6. Enter No for Desk Phone integration. This feature is not supported with this platform

Jabber3.png

7. For Voicemail, Enter the same Username and Password again and along with CUE IP address. Default IP address in 10.1.10.1. Do not edit port.

Jabber4.png

8. Enter no for Corporate Directory Setup. This is not supported.

Jabber5.png

9. You are now logged in and ready to use Cisco Mobile.

A registered Phone should look like this

Registered.PNG

Visual Voicemail:

Visual Voicemail.PNG

Comments
anthony.harman
Level 1
Level 1

Under the required software it states that 8.6.0 is required. How can I get 8.6.0 to use in our lab enviroment to test this? I tried to sign up for the EFT though I never recieved anything and now that link has been taken down.

matthew.cameron
Level 1
Level 1

This is great! Good to have this working in 8.6!

Is it possible to use extension mobility?

Is desk phone integration in the road map?

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Please note the device ID is the MAC address of the phone not the UC5X0 device...

jacobnakhla
Level 1
Level 1

nice feature! but no love for us android users

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Have followed the above instructions, but I'm still getting "Unable to verify account" on the iPhone and "Looking for CUPC/DirLookupDialRules.xml" on the UC500 TFTP debug. I have the iPhone connected to the Voice VLAN, am getting an address of 10.1.1.12 and can ping 10.1.1.1 from the phone.

datak2011
Level 1
Level 1

is it wifi only ? Can i get it work on 3g ?

will it work with jabber for android ?

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Tommy,

Jabber is supported only on Wifi ( No 3G/4G) and UC500 currently only supports Jabber for iPhone.

datak2011
Level 1
Level 1

then is it possible to use a softphone like xlite with a uc540?

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

3rd Party SIP phones are not supported as of today.

If you get an errormessage "Unable to verify account", check your iphone ios version.

Cisco Jabber 8.6.3. 18492 (mit iOS 5.0)

Cisco Jabber 8.6.4. 18561 (mit iOS 5.0, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.1.1)

Cisco Jabber 8.6.5. 18781 (mit iOS 5.1.1)

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Works well, the only issues we have are now MOH, and when I dial an internal number it never goes to voicemail. Could be because I am on a different network and the ACL is blocking it, but it's a good start.

Sorry spoke too soon as few issues, the biggest one is the call just drops after a while of being connected. This is both the same over the local WiFi network as well as remote via AnyConnect through an ASA.

mbnaoj39878969
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded the UC540 software pack 8.6 and I do not see the option "Cisco Mobile –IOS"  in users and phones.

Zachary Bovard
Level 1
Level 1

Joan, Have you upgraded your version of CCA to 3.2.1? That is my best guess....

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Any idea when the iPad version will be supported?

Thanks,

Bob James

bwilcox6422
Community Member

Even with "dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml" DTMF tones still do not work with CUE or external voicemails for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: