cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

The following application note describes how to set up Fax to Email using the regular Onramp script and also the Fax Detect script.

Fax detect allow the combination of voice and fax over the same POTS line.

Comments
e.cormier
Level 1
Level 1

Marcos, I sat through the FAX VOD from Jan (very helpful by the way).  Is there an application note for outbound faxing for a desktop user via a UC520 with a SIP Trunk?   Or is a fax server needed in this situation?  I believe inbound will work to CUE if the SIP provider supports T.38.  Please correct me if I am wrong about that.  We have setup a few customers with onramp (inbound faxing to email) with POTs lines or PRI-DIDs but none with SIP trunks right now.

Thanks

Hi Ed,

A fax server (Like StoneVoice's) is needed int his case. T.37 (On-ramp/off-ramp) is not supported over VoIP trunks natively. This is a consequence of the fact that a DSP is needed for the application to work, and a call over a VoIP trunk does not necessarily use one (on the UC500). We are not planning to change this behavior at this point in time.

Thanks a lot,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

CETCiscoAdmin_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcos,

Can you tell me if the Fax to Email function of the UC500 can deliver the faxes in a pdf format?  Right now we have it configured and working per the document and it's great.  The faxes come across as .tif files and the users would like to get them as pdf's if possible.

Michael

Unfortunately no :-)

TIF is the only supported format.

Thanks,

Marcos

yogi
Level 1
Level 1

Marcos,

I have followed this document, and gone over it a few times, when calling our fax line, we do get fax tones and the sending machine seems to send without incident, however, we never receive any email with the fax.  I dont know where to look to try and troubleshoot this.  Can you offer any guidance?

You can find some troubleshooting information here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk777/technologies_tech_note09186a00801fe5d9.shtml

If this is not enough, feel free to initiate a discussion in thr forum and we will help you figure it out.

Thanks,

Marcos

infoestrie
Level 1
Level 1

Thank for the tuto,

I have some problem,

When i make exact the tuto in my uc500, the fax detection work with 801 extension but when i press any key the line hangup.

When i make the blast group with the same extension 801 both time (fax and voice go to the blast group)

and, can i use fax dectection with auto attendant ?

Where i can set : voice go to....  Fax go to.... in CLI (the best)

I use CCA 2.0.1

Thank

Daniel Grimard

Daniels, may I ask you to please post this question as a discussion? Easier to track that way.

Marcos

chris unger
Level 1
Level 1

are there instructions for using a PRI with onramp?  I would like to give each user a seperate DID for inbound fax that goes to email.  Currently the users main DID voicemail goes to email.

Hi Chris,

I do not have a version of this document for PRI.

Thanks,

Marcos

chris unger
Level 1
Level 1

Then where should I go to get help for this?  It seems it would be fairly common.

Thanks,

David Sandoval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcos,

Is there a way to have the users fax from the desktop if we have a PRI handoff from the telco?

Thanks,

Dave

ccbrogdon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcos,

I wanted to see if there was an update on the UC500 being able to do fax to e-mail via SIP.  Is there anyway at all to have fax to e-mail (onramp) with a pure SIP trunk or is this just simply not possible? My customer has a SIP trunk and they want to enable it, if not we would need to get it changed over to a PRI which we want to avoid at all costs if possible.

Thanks,

Charisse

chathuragune
Level 1
Level 1

Marcos,

I suggest you convert other formats to tiff or pdf.  I would use free online fax service such as this to send fax directly from native document.

Hope this tip helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: