In some countries, people are not used to having to dial an access code to place an outbound call. Typically, one would deploy the UC500 in Key System (KTS) mode to overcome this situation, but some important features only available in PBX mode, would not work.
The most important reason why an access code is helpful, is because it allows the separation of overlapping dial patterns. However, some customers may still want to avoid having to use an access code, even if it opens the chance for collisions when calling out.
One way to achieve the above, is by making the internal dial plan exclusive. This can only be accomplished by the addition of a special character that can still be dialed. The following example details how to do that, by adding a suffix to the extensions, the "*" DTMF option (star key) in this case.
So, the recommendation is that if you have an internal dialplan in the "2XX" range, you change it to "2XX*".
This example illustrates what the end user experience would be:
1) Say the caller wants to dial a local number such as 214-555-5555 and there is an internal extension using "214"
2) Under normal circumstances, the caller would never get to the local number, as the extension (being a best match) would always be selected first.
3) By adding a "*" at the end of each 2XX extension, now the caller can get to the local number, because this "*" digit makes the two strings mutually exclusive.
4) If the caller wants to dial the internal extension, he would dial "214*" from his phone.
Unfortunately CUE does not support "*", so we will run into MWI issues if we try to use these for ephone-dn extensions. We can overcome that by doing the following (still using the 2XX example):
1) We translate the numbers for the calls going to CUE to remove the "*" from the string.
2) We prepend the "*" to the called number for the call coming from CUE that lights MWI on and off.
voice translation-rule 3333 rule 1 /A8000\(...\)/ /A8000\1*/ rule 2 /A8001\(...\)/ /A8001\1*/ ! ! voice translation-profile ADDSTAR translate called 3333 ! voip-incoming translation-profile ADDSTAR ! ! dial-peer voice 2000 voip description ** cue voicemail pilot number ** translation-profile outgoing REMOVESTAR destination-pattern 299 b2bua session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:10.1.10.1 dtmf-relay sip-notify codec g711ulaw no vad
ephone-dn 55 number A8001.... no-reg primary mwi off ! ! ephone-dn 56 number A8000.... no-reg primary mwi on !
Please note that this configuration requires CLI and that the Out of Band rules for CCA should be honored, in order to avoid conflicts. Also, the corresponding CUE config is not included (this example uses non-standard MWI ON and OFF DN's).
SG300-28 with resistor managed half-speed fans. Works perfectly except won't allow SFP adapters to function. Two other SG300s with same mod work as they should. I need both half-speed fans and fiber adapter connection. This is anothe...
I have a SPA122 supporting my home and business lines. Recently I have been experiencing problems with loss of connectivity during phone calls. This is unpredictable and I recently observed the lights on the SPA122 indicating a network disconn...
Hello, yould you help me please with the problem ? We operated the Unifi U6-LR AP on the Zyxel XGS1930-28HP without any problems. We replaced the switch with a Cisco SBS350-48-4X. The access points use native VLAN 1 for management and other communica...