Some customers have complained about voice quality issues on the CP-500 phones, especially low volume through the handset. The following procedure describes how to modify this by increasing the default gain of the device.
IMPORTANT: This procedure could be used to change other default configuration parameters on the phone, but this is emphatically discouraged AND NOT SUPPORTED BY TAC.
1) Using notepad, create a file called "cp-524G-cfg.xml" with the following content:
In the above example, the new dB gain is +6dB (which might be too loud). We recommend that you start with 3 dB.
2) Put this file on the UC500 flash, specifically the "phone/521_524" directory, where the phone load is stored.
3) Create a TFTP Server entry via CLI, to instruct IOS to serve this file (use verbatim syntax, as shown below):
tftp-server flash:phones/521_524/CP-524G-cfg.xml alias /CP-524G-cfg.xml
4) Reboot your phone. If you have "debug tftp events" enabled, you can monitor the TFTP server activity (some output omitted below):
Jun 10 23:59:47.238: TFTP: Looking for /CP-524G-cfg.xml Jun 10 23:59:47.282: TFTP: Opened flash:phones/521_524/CP-524G-cfg.xml, fd 11, size 416 for process 280 Jun 10 23:59:47.346: TFTP: Finished flash:phones/521_524/CP-524G-cfg.xml, time 00:00:00 for process 280
5) Check the new settings by opening a browser and point it to the phone IP. Look under the phone menu and check "Handset Input Gain":
You can also verify the new settings by pointing your broswer to the following URL, in order to see the raw XML configuration:
Hello, I´m trying to install a DHCP Server on SG300 in router mode. If I´m using only 1 network on VLAN1 it´s working. As soon I configure and activate additional IP Adresses/Subnets on VLAN1 the DHCP Server .... the complete switch does not responds anym...
just had a switch fail to boot and it appears the firmware is corrupted, is there anyone out there by chance has a copy of the 1.2.2b or something similar so i can revise this switch? I have found some older firmware but they are unsupported or are corrup...
Recently imported a SSL certificate (*.domain.tld) to a SG300 Switch. Worked fine, certificates shows up with the correct name in the SSL Server Key Table (Security - SSL Server - SSL Server Authentication Settings). But when i enter the URL htt...
HI Recently I have perched 10 Cisco SG350 28 port gigabit poE switches for my running project . I would like to create my data and voice vlan in the same port where the PC will connect with the phone set.i configured my Dhcp on mikrotik cloud core ro...