Some customers have complained about voice quality issues on the CP-500 phones, especially low volume through the handset. The following procedure describes how to modify this by increasing the default gain of the device.
IMPORTANT: This procedure could be used to change other default configuration parameters on the phone, but this is emphatically discouraged AND NOT SUPPORTED BY TAC.
1) Using notepad, create a file called "cp-524G-cfg.xml" with the following content:
In the above example, the new dB gain is +6dB (which might be too loud). We recommend that you start with 3 dB.
2) Put this file on the UC500 flash, specifically the "phone/521_524" directory, where the phone load is stored.
3) Create a TFTP Server entry via CLI, to instruct IOS to serve this file (use verbatim syntax, as shown below):
tftp-server flash:phones/521_524/CP-524G-cfg.xml alias /CP-524G-cfg.xml
4) Reboot your phone. If you have "debug tftp events" enabled, you can monitor the TFTP server activity (some output omitted below):
Jun 10 23:59:47.238: TFTP: Looking for /CP-524G-cfg.xml Jun 10 23:59:47.282: TFTP: Opened flash:phones/521_524/CP-524G-cfg.xml, fd 11, size 416 for process 280 Jun 10 23:59:47.346: TFTP: Finished flash:phones/521_524/CP-524G-cfg.xml, time 00:00:00 for process 280
5) Check the new settings by opening a browser and point it to the phone IP. Look under the phone menu and check "Handset Input Gain":
You can also verify the new settings by pointing your broswer to the following URL, in order to see the raw XML configuration:
We have a few 4321 routers on 17.3.3 that we are using as console routers, previously everything worked great. Then we had to move to SMART licensing and it has caused us so many issues.We previously had bare minimum config on these devices including no D...
Hello? I have questions about RV320 access rules.1. What is setting "Source interface"?Is it interface that access rule implemented? Or is it cohered with setting "Source IP"?2. I set Action=Deny, Service=All(1-655353), Log=No log, Source interface=WAN1, ...
Hallo,we use a SG300-28 and i can't login after an power outage. Although I use the same login as before when trying to login the webinterface it says 'Invalid user name or password..' I found the information how to reset the password, and i see the ...
I have a cisco switch (model SG300-52P), I use it to connect IP security cameras to Network Video Recorder (NVR). Some ports do not work with some cameras (especially the first ones in numbering 1 to 5). But the same cameras work fine with oth...
Hello all ,
I have problem when I try to start video jabber in safe deskphone,The video option is currently greyed out,but if I work in softphone mode in jabber ,the video is working .
I used camera of PC.I installed Jabber Desk Phone Video Services Inter...