cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
CSCO12233910
Level 1
Level 1

I want to control the bandwidth,but it's not effect the traffic

wan is adsl ,maximum traffic is 500K ,policy is include port(1-65535),ethernet port(port1  and port4 ),priority is low,  never effect traffic ,when i  download some file,can grow up maximum flow,so i need help ,i don't know why,i was upgrade the firmware,it's the same.

anyone can help me ?

Comments
Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The bandwidth control feature manages your upstream traffic - it will not affect the rate at which your local devices can download information.  The SRP500 does not have any way of controlling downstream data rates for clients.

Your current settings would ensure that the combined total of all upstream traffic will not exceed 600kbps and within that 600kbps, no more than 100kbps of strict (usually real time) traffic would be prioritised.

Hope that helps,

Andy

CSCO12233910
Level 1
Level 1

OH,thanks.,i understand.

if the upstream is limited by control policy(ethernet-port priority set low low-15kbps ),the upstream is 15kbps

strict or dynamic drift ?

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Traffic shaping (the total for the interface) is strict.  Balancing of traffic across queues will depend on overall load - i.e. if the strict queue is not completely filled by real time traffic, then that bandwidth is available for traffic in the other queues.

Regards,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: