Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
dfry
Level 1
Level 1

Q. What should I do when users I call cannot see me?

A. You can take the following actions to try to resolve one-way video issues:

• Check to make sure that you have a camera connected to your computer and that it is recognized by the Cisco Jabber Video application.
  • Navigate to Preferences (Macintosh) or Settings (Windows) and make sure that the video device is listed. If it is not listed, you may need to install drivers that are appropriate for your platform. Contact your camera vendor for further assistance.
  • If your camera has a privacy shutter, (for example, Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD USB camera), make sure that it is not in the closed position.

Q. What should I do when users I call cannot hear me?

A. You can take the following actions to try to resolve one-way audio issues:

• Check to make sure that you have a microphone on your computer. Most laptops include built-in microphones.
  • Make sure that the microphone is not muted in your operating system. On Macintosh systems, navigate to System Preferences > Sound > Input. On Windows systems, you can check this setting by navigating to Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio > Sound Recording Volume.
  • Also check that the microphone is not muted in the Jabber Video application.
  • Check the sound level of the microphone and adjust to a comfortable level in the operating system and in the Jabber Video application.

Q. What can I do if my computer slows down or locks up during a call?

A. These symptoms may indicate insufficient system resources that affect RAM or CPU capabilities on your computer. You can take the following actions to try to resolve this issue:

• Check to make sure that your system meets the recommended settings for Jabber Video.
  • If your system meets the recommendations and you continue to observe this issue, adjust the Network settings in Jabber Video to a level that reduces system slowdown. Move the Max incoming bandwidth and Max outgoing bandwidth sliders down one notch at a time to find the setting that reduces choppy audio and/or video and high system resource utilization.

Q. What should I do when I am on a WebEx session and Jabber Video cannot detect my camera?
A. Some versions of WebEx take possession of any camera that it detects in the system, leaving Jabber Video without a camera to use. To prevent this issue and ensure that Jabber Video retains the camera for video calling, take the following actions:

• Exit WebEx and Jabber Video if they are both running
  • Start Jabber Video and begin your call, making sure that the camera is connected and turned on
  • After Jabber Video is in the call, start WebEx

Q. What should I do when Jabber Video continues to display the last frame of the shared presentation after a Cisco TelePresence System EX90 device calls Jabber Video, starts presentation sharing, receives a second call, and puts the Jabber Video call on hold?

A. There is no fix for this known issue. As a workaround, the Cisco TelePresence System EX90 device must stop and restart presentation sharing to properly display the presentation.

Q. How can I stop windows from flickering when I start to share content on my Windows 7 machine while using Jabber Video?

A. There is currently no fix for this known issue. As a workaround to prevent windows flickering, you can share your entire desktop.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: