Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Configuration instructions for connecting a native Windows 7 IPsec client to a RV082. Two scenarios are included: a scenario with direct connection and a scenario with Windows 7 behind a NAT device.

Comments
David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

absolutely fantastic,  I do not have a Win7 client to test this against, but I know lots of people would welcome your procedure.

I guess this procedure might also be relevant, maybe worth a test with the WRV and SA500 series product. Since they all use the quick VPN client .

Just out of interest does Windows 7 32 and 64bit versions still have a pptp client ?

remycosta
Community Member

Hello,

For your information, Windows 7 32&64 bits do have an embedded PPTP client.

Have a good day.

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Is PPTP really an issue or can you do this in native Windows.  The significant thing about this documents is that cisco's QuickVPN client modified the native Windows XP/2000/vista/7 IPSec environment.  This document goes through the painful manual process  of documenting the how to get native  IPSec windows 7 client working.  Accolades

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: