When you are configuring a remote VPN connection, there are some steps that are lost on the path.
Here you can see those steps.
A) In your Cisco device:
1. Ensure you don´t have any rule denying the traffic between the device and the remote site
2. Depending what kind of tunnel you are configuring, Go VPN>VPN Passthrough and enable:
* IPSec Passthrough
* PPTP Passthrough
* L2TP Passthrough
3.Depending on the device Remote Management needs to be on.
Go Firewall> Basic Settings and ensure to:
* Disable Block WAN Request
* Enable Remote Management
4. Users need to be created and enabled.
5. Only One Connection per User Account.
6. Local Network Subnet must be different than Remote Network Subnet.
7. If using Certificate the .pem file needs to be exported and placed under the:
“C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QVPN Client” folder.
B) In your Computer
1. You have to disable the firewall and the antivirus
2. Must be running Service Pack 3
3. Must have IPSec Services Running
4. Must have the Windows Firewall Off (the customer can have the firewall on but we do not support Microsoft or any other 3rd party Firewalls. ICMP Echo Requests are required inbound through the software Firewall for a connection to establish.)
*Windows 7 or Vista
1. Must running Vista Service Pack 2 or run in Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility for Windows 7.
2. Windows Firewall needs to be on. (3rd party Firewalls will not be supported.)
3. Must have IPSec Services Running.
4. You have to enable your firewall and create a couple of rules that are explained in this document.
Change the compatibility mode to Vista SP2. Then make sure Windows firewall is ON, and also follow the instruction for the firewall configuration (Windows 7)
***QVPN could not to work if you have more than one network adapter. So if you have a laptop or a computer with two or more network adapters (wired or wireless), you could disable the Wired/Wireless adapter(s) while you are using the QVPN, this because routing problems and IP conflicts with your local network.
I'm trying to install and test the latest firmware for my SG250 set of switches. The first switch I've tried is a SG250-10. It allows me to load the new FW file (image_tesla_hybrid_18.104.22.168_release_cisco_signed.bin) and on the swap image page it shows ver...
Hi!I'm trying to opload a config file with txt extension to a ISR4321/K9 and router TFTP debug "TFTP: Sending error 2 Access denied". Is this is possible? 001392: Mar 4 10:09:22: TFTP: Server request for port 54576, socket_id 0x7FA143143B30 for proce...
Hello, Switch SG300-28 sometimes freezes. It happened for the second time in a week. It starts by pinging the gateway to your own VLAN internet and after a few minutes the internet stops working.I am attaching the configuration.Where could be the problem?...
Dear СISCO specialists, please help us in purchasing a service contract for our equipment. СISCO's trading partners cannot sell it to us, because there is an error in the ordering system for our company. The system incorrectly performs geolocation by our ...
Join us live on Thursday, March 4 at 10 am PT (and on demand after) as we dig into the resources you need to power a successful, secure, connected small business.
We'll answer your questions during the broadcast and after, so join us for more information.