cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Comments
Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I recently updated this document showing 4 easy steps to update phone desktops.  It includes additional information and the new flash format we introduced a few releases ago.  I used a picture of John Chambers as an example to see if I earn any extra points for that :-)))))

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you for the nice summary.  I just used this to get background images on 7945G phones on CME 8.0.

robert.giuffre
Community Member

Can you please add details of CLI command in step4?

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Steve,

Thanks for the write up; I do have some issues: Does the color depth have to match the 12, 16, etc? I only have 32 bit depth pictures (of the correct size) but no way to change the color depth.

If no (they will scale) I've uploaded the pictures and changed the XML file and see an extra "slot" in my phone background, but no thunmbnail and when I select it, it says file not found. I am assuming its' due to the color depth....

robert.giuffre
Community Member

Bob,

I have the exact same problems as you. I have proved it is not the graphic properties by changing the name of my graphic to an existing graphic (CiscoLogo.png  & TN-CiscoLogo.png) and then loading to flash:/Desktops.

This process overwites the existing graphics and I could then see the thumbnail and select my background picture. I suspect some extra commands need to be entered, I have asked for more information on CLI commands as mentioned in step 4 of the Steve's document.

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Got it!

Thanks Robert you got me thinking. You need to CLI to the UC system and enter the folowing:

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/TN-graphicname.png
tftp-server flash:/Desktops/graphicname.png

Worked as soon as I did this,

Don't forget to write to memory (copy run start)

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I added the example tftp-server commands.  Thanks Bob & Robert.

jwaskewics
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

Any update to this procedure using the latest CCA?

Thanks,

John

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The word is, this is on the list for CCA 3.1.  Stay tuned.   Cant commit it, but its valuable to many.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: