Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attached XML dictionaries for SPA50X phones, v7.4.X (latest version is 7.4.6)

- Danish (dk) - New

- English (en)

- French (fr)

- German (de)

- Italian (it)

- Dutch (nl)

- Norwegian (no)

- Portuguese (pt)

- Spanish (es)

- Spanish - Mexico (es_mx)

- Swedish (se)

- Czech (cz) - New [Thanks to Tomáš ]

- Polish (pl) - New [Thanks to Piotr Woronowicz, from Nicolaus Copernicus University]

- Russian (ru) - New

- Hungarian (hu) - New [Thanks to Csaba Hetényi]

Notes:

- These dictionaries can be used also on the CP-500 series IP phones

- Dictionaries for SPA 525G v7.4.X also available, here

Comments
jlgheerbrant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zsolt,

Many thanks for this answer ! It works fine with my SPA509G now, and the control screen displays everything in french now !

Another question if you can help. I can't find anything about a french localisatino for the web GUI of these phones (SPA509G / SPA501G) which will be very useful for my users who, alas, don't speak a word of english. Do you know if there's a way to translate or update this interface to french ?

Best regards and hope for a positive answer !

Jean-Loup

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jean-Loup,

I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you.

Unfortunately it is not possible to localize the web GUI.

Best regards,

Zsolt

hetenyicsaba
Community Member

Dear Zsolt Benko, Alberto Montilla

It seems to me, that new firmware version for spa5xx (7.4.7) has some new options in menus. (for ex.: in dir menu)

I'd like to translate the new missing dictionary entries. Where can i found the new english xml dictionary to get the new dictionary ids/texts/phrases for translation?

Thank You in advance!

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for your willing to translate, let us check if a new English XML is available.

Regards,

Zsolt

patgrefre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've the same problem for the french version : I've no "id" in the xml dictionaries files to translate "NewPersonalDirEntry" and "SearchPersonalDirectory" under the "dir" menu.

Is it possible to obtain the ids we need ? We are ready to do translations by ourselves.

Regards,

Patrick.

patgrefre
Level 1
Level 1

I mean no id at all even in the english version. So sentences must be in the phone itself.

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Patrick and Csaba,

The firmware version 7.4.7 has a slightly different English XML dictionary with added strings. Usually we release the English XML together with the firmware if there are any changes, however, in this case we'll have to ask for a little patience of yours while we make the new XML available for download.

Thank you for your understanding

Best regards,

Zsolt

patgrefre
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, thanks. It would be nice if we could know when it'ill be available.

I have another question about dictionaries : I made changes in my xml dictionary and I don't see new words. Is this due to the "trkAuthentication" ? I mean may we change translations without doing anything else or not. We use spa303 phones.

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

I'll let you know the second I get the file

You can freely change the translated strings in the XML file as long as you don't change anything else. "trkAuthentication" also shouldn't be touched.

One thing to watch out for is saving the file with UTF-8 encoding.

Also you may would like to take a look at the guides I provided earlier in this forum just to be sure you won't run into any of those things.

Cheers,

Zsolt

patgrefre
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, thanks a lot for your very quick answer.

I tried again a tranlation and ... it works !

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

Glad that it worked out for you.

And some good news to All who have benn waiting for the English dictionary XML v7.4.7:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/11463-10-81692/spa50x_30x_en_v747.xml

Best regards,

Zsolt

hetenyicsaba
Community Member

Dear Zsolt

Thanks for 7.4.7 dictionary link.

It has 40 new phrases to translate. (in everyday phone use, i see only 2 of them )

Best wishes:

Csabi

patgrefre
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot too Zsolt.

For our usage I see "New Personal Dir Entry" and "Search Personal Directory" that was ennoying, because very visible in the "dir" submenu.

Have a nice day,

Patrick.

zbenko
Level 1
Level 1

Very welcome Csaba, and if you happen to translate it I'd be really grateful if you sent it to me so I can publish it to the Community.

Best regards,

Zsolt

patgrefre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zsolt,

For our fr version (v7.4.6) we translated this :

<phrase i="4280" t="New Personal Dir Entry"/>

<phrase i="4281" t="Search Personal Directory"/>

into that

<phrase i="4280" t="Nouveau contact perso"/>

<phrase i="4281" t="Recherche contact perso"/>

It could be added to a future v7.4.7 fr xml version.

In fact we already added tranlations into our v7.4.6 :

"Do Not Disturb" => "Ne pas déranger"

It appeared several times in the xml file, in english so without translation.

Regards,

Patrick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: