Helpful
Comments
smallbusiness
Community Manager
Community Manager

Article ID:153

Troubleshooting UC320W - Auto Attendant Problems

Objectives

This document showcases the procedure to perform troubleshoot during Auto Attendant Problems - Dial By Extension and Menu Navigation Failures on the Cisco UC320W.

Applicable Devices

This document applies to the Cisco UC320W device.

Dial By Extension and Menu Navigation Failures

If incoming calls answered by Auto Attendant sometimes fail to route properly after responding to prompts. Try the following:

If failures occur on both internal and external calls,

•Check your auto attendant script configuration using the UC320W Configuration Utility and make sure the numbers that are failing are properly scripted.

•Check your prompts and prompt sequences and make sure the 'Prevent Barge In' option is unchecked.

If failures occur on only one mode (either Day only or Night only). Check your auto attendant script configuration using the UC320W Configuration Utility and make sure the numbers that are failing are properly scripted.

If failures only occur on external calls. Check for DTMF issues by referencing the Audio Quality troubleshooting guide for possible DTMF issues for both FXO and SIP Trunk.

If you are still experiencing problems, take a trace using UC320W Configuration Utility's Status/Troubleshooting page with the appropriate trunks selected that are failing. Open a case with the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Endless Loop

If incoming calls to Auto Attendant get answered by Auto Attendant but never released it my be due to one of the following reasons.

•If your timeout handler always repeats the main menu, you might consider changing it to end the call or transfer to a voice mailbox to make sure the Auto Attendant script ends.

•If a response to Auto Attendant results in transferring the call, make sure you don't have endless call forward loops in the route configuration that would cause the phones to ring permanently. If you suspect that calls are not properly disconnecting a call after it has been ended by the PSTN caller, reference the troubleshoot guide that deals with PSTN disconnect issues common to both incoming and outgoing calls.

Comments
FrFrankJindra
Level 1
Level 1

How do I get the " dual language Auto attendant " feature to work on my UC320w? I have Firmware version 2.3.2 (6) installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: