Views
Helpful
Comments
Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

[toc:faq]

Overview and  Key Features

The SCC-Advanced client displays a popup alert message when you have new voice messages, showing the number of new messages. You can view all the new and saved voice messages, play them in any order, reply, call back, or send an IM/email message. You can also download and forward voice messages via email.

The SCC-Advanced client allows you to change your greeting manually or to have it change automatically when your availability status changes.

SCC-Adv-Client-APN-VM1.jpg

From the VoiceView window, users can:

• View the number of messages waiting and the voice message popup notification
  • View the new and saved voice messages in the UC500 (Cisco Unity Express - CUE) mailbox
  • Play, pause, rewind, move, forward, and delete voice messages
  • View the caller’s name and presence status (if available)
  • Change the voice message greeting

How does it work?

Figure below describes the interaction between the SCC Advanced Client/Server and the UC platform:

SCC-Adv-Client-APN-VM2.jpg

• 1, 2: The VoiceView window sends and receives HTTP requests/responses to CUE (using Cisco IP Phone Services XML API) to retrieve voice message list, control voice message playback, and manage voice messages.
  • 3: After CUE receives a request for playing voice message, CUE will use an RTP connection to stream voice message to the VoiceView window.
  • 4: SCC presence server sends SIP subscription requests to CUE for new voice message notification on any mailbox that have been assigned to the UCC users.
  • 5: SCC presence server sends voice message notifications via SIP to the advanced client.

Configuration and Setup requirements

These steps are covered during the installation and configuration of the SCC Advanced Client and SCC Server as well as the initial configuration of UC500 via CCA. The Quick Start Guide includes all necessary steps. The steps below are highlighted to help troubleshooting.

UC500

• Voice View Express (VVE) service must be enabled and configured - use CCA to activate it
  • Voice mail engine (CUE) must be in online mode - Default in UC500
  • A “Personal” type of voice mailbox must be created and enabled - use CCA to create/edit it.

SCC Server

• A CUE (UC500 Voicemail server) IP address must be entered in the Configuration Manager under "Download Router Info" page. Default for UC500 is 10.1.10.1 and default port is 5060.
  • A valid mailbox number must be assigned to the SCC user who wants to use the Advanced Client to access the mailbox  - use CCA
  • The local UDP port assigned for SCC Presence Server (default 5095) must not be blocked by firewall.

SCC Advanced Client

• Mailbox PIN must be entered if "Allow Login Without PIN" is not enabled for user's mailbox.
  • A sound device for voice message playback must be available and selected in ordert for VoiceView to work properly.
  • An audio port range must be entered and not blocked by firewall (default port range 16234-32768)
  • TCP port 80 must not be blocked by firewall or occupied by other application/server.

Constraints and limitations

• In Configuration Manger, a user’s mailbox number can only be assigned from one of the ephone DNs belonging to the user’s controlled ephone.
  • VoiceView window doesn’t support other mailbox types such as “General delivery” and “Announcement-only” at this time.
  • The length of Mailbox PIN can be zero (no PIN required) or in the range from 3 to 16 digits. 
  • There’s a limit of 150 messages can be retrieved from user’s mailbox. 
  • Duration of a voice message can’t be retrieved until the message starts playing.
  • There’s a length limit of ~20 characters on displaying caller’s name.

• VoiceView window must use TCP port 80 on the client machine in order to receive HTTP requests sent from CUE. It can’t be changed since CUE always sends the requests to the same port.

Troubleshooting tips for common problems

When VoiceView window displays:

• Unable to initialize the media device

Make sure you have a working sound device installed and selected. Go to Edit > Preferences > VoiceView. Select a device from the “Playback Device” lis

• Unable to open port 80
    • If you have a web server running on port 80, you will need to either disable the server or change the server to use a different port.
    • If you have the Cisco IP  Communicator (CIPC) running with “Web Access” setting enabled, you will need to disable the  setting by performing the following steps on CME:
      1. Create a new ephone template.
      2. Add the command “service phone webAccess  1
      3. Assign the ephone-template to the ephone with CIPC type.
      4. Reset the ephone.
      5. Restart CIPC.
      6. Restart VoiceView window.
  • Unable to open RTP session
    • Make sure the port range entered in the “Audio Port Range” setting in Edit > Preferences > VoiceView is not blocked by firewall.
    • Try changing the port range to other ports that are available.

• There’s no voice mailbox associated with the user
    • Check if all the servers are  up
    • Make sure the user is  assigned with a valid mailbox number. Go to File > My Profile and see if there’s a valid mailbox number in the “Voice  Mail” field. If not, use the Configuration Manager on the server to assign  one.
  • Failed to retrieve mailbox server info
    • Check if all the servers are  up.
    • Use Configuration Manager on  the server and go to Setup Router and Servers > Manage Cisco Routers. Make sure the “CUE IP Address” and “CUE Port”  fields are entered with correct information for each CME that has CUE  installed. Restart the server when done.
  • Invalid voicemail credential
    • Check if you  enter the right password for user’s mailbox number.
    • Try changing the user’s mailbox password by going to the CUE GUI.
  • The mailbox is already in use. For help, contact your system administrator
  • All voice ports are busy. Try again later
  • There’s a problem with CUE. Internal Server Error or There’s a problem with CUE. Internal Servlet Error
    • Try rebooting the CUE service module
  • Unknown Voicemail Task Result for Request
    • Select “Refresh Voicemail”  from the option menu in VoiceView window.

Comments
YASITAERICK
Level 1
Level 1

I have that problem, when I configure Voiceview with callconnector, I can't listen the voicemail and when I download the file I can't listen anithing. my firewall is disable. I'm using a trial version callconncttor server with 45 days. What is my

problem ?

Thanks

1.png

2.png

Simon martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have tried to change my voicemail a couple of times, my IT provider is unable to help, can you please advise on how to change the voicemail without a pin number ? I have tried the pin number on this website and it does not work 

many thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: