Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As of SPA IP phone firmware release 7.4.7, phones can now be configured to resynchronize with their provisioning server based on the time of day.

This feature can be configured at the phone's web-UI as follows:
     http://phoneIPaddress/admin/advanced > Provisioning tab > Configuration Profile > Resync At (HHmm):

cap-0027.jpg

The feature can also be set in the phone's configuration file where the configuration file's information is as follows:

<Resync_At__HHmm_ ua="na">2132</Resync_At__HHmm_>   <!-- at 9:32PM -->

• By default, this value for this option is blank which indicates that the feature is not enabled.
  • In the event that an invalid entry in inserted into this field, the feature will not be enabled.
  • In order to prevent a server from being flooded with simultaneous resync requests from many phones, the phone will automatically trigger a resync in the range of resync time plus ten minutes.
    In other words, if the phone is configured to resync at 9:32 PM, it will resync any time between 9:32 PM and 9:42 PM [This random +10 minutes is not user-configurable.]

Note1: If the Resync_At__HHmm_ parameter is provisioned, Resync_Periodic is ignored.

Note2: The Resync_At__HHmm_ parameter co-exists with all other resync parameters and resync triggers.

<end>

Comments
brycesweaver
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a company where I'm attempting to set up several phones to re-sync every day between 1-5am. Here is my configuration:

Resync At (HHmm): 0100

Resync At Random Delay: 14400

The CP-8811, SPA 303, SPA 504G, SPA 525G I have set to these settings have all had multiple resyncs within that 4hr time period. What settings am I missing that would permit the phones to re-provision once within that period?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: