Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Considering a Teleworker phone can connect to the host UC 500 as if it was local (VPN connection), it is much more appealing and easier to manage than a multisite deployment where Call Control, AA and Voicemail, Directories, not to mention management is all handled separately. 

In a multisite you can get extension dialing among sites with some feature interaction (limited) and Data VLAN sharing among the multisite mesh.

With the teleworker solution, you have everything integrated because the remote phones are effectively connected to the host UC 500.

Make sure you procure the appropriate number of licenses for the host UC 500 since any registered phone (local or remote) will decrement the total count by 1.

Reference the platform reference guide for UC540 and UC560 and see we can support 10 and 20 (respectively) remote Teleworker connections.  These can be any combination of the following:

·         individual SPA525G or G2 phones using SSL VPN

·         individual CIPC Soft phones using PC connected with Cisco EZ_VPN client

·         individual Teleworker routers (like the SR520) with up to 5 phones behind each

In this lab, I will create an SR520 as a remote Teleworker router and connect it to the UC560 all using CCA 3.0.

After the CCA configuration, we will have to discuss several options to work around an IOS NAT interaction with Cisco IP phones running SCCP version 17 or later (CSCte70727), which basically make them unusable behind the remote teleworker router due to this bug, unless you do one of the following:

·         Downgrade the Phone FW to get SCCP version prior to 17

·         Use phones that support an earlier version of SCCP even with their latest SWP phone load (i.e. SPA500 series).

·         Configure some OOB CLI until a CCA 3.1 enhancement (CSCtj82336) is implemented to work around the IOS bug.

Comments
david
Level 1
Level 1

The VPN works great but we need to add to this document that each phone behind the SR-520 must be defined as a Teleworker in CCA or add MTP to each phone through CLI.  I was having audio problems when this was not set for the phones behind the SR-520 at the remote locations.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Done.  Thanks.

ianh
Community Member

I can't seem to get this configured properly within our setup when I go to configure the vpn remote i get an error that internal lists are empty.

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

We carried out this and were unable to get SPA508G phones to work on the remote site.

Under STAC advise we done the following on each phone to be used on the rmeote site

restt them to facroty defaults, phone restarts

then set them to SPCP mode, which restarts the phone.

Then diasable CDP which restarts the phone,

Once done the phone will get a remote site local data subnet IP address (192.168.75.104 for example) and boot up and work.

Thanks for the guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: