cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

RV130 and RV130W IPsec VPN client configuration

Views
Helpful
Comments
Dennis Bigelow
Cisco Employee

Third Party IPsec VPN client Software 

http://www.thegreenbow.com/ 

https://www.shrew.net/

4 Comments
ncastro
Beginner

Hi.

I follow the instructions but ican't see others host and my public ip address is the same from my Conection.

The tunel is up but nothing happen.

I hope your help me please.

regards.

harkozoltan
Beginner

Hi.

You have to enable NAT Traversal in the router IPsec VPN server settings.

Click on Edit button, Advanced VPN Setup window will open and there the first settings checkbox must be checked.

On the VPN client software the same settings must be done. 

Best regards.

BYTEBUILDERS
Beginner

3 notes:

1.  For both, Shrew I had to set the adapter to "Virtual adapter with assigned values" and set the IP to 10.10.10.1 and mask of 255.255.255.255 otherwise no network connection was possible.  Also the tunnel won't reconnect with this software for clients if their tunnel is still up until it renegotiates, so lower the time for that or you'll have unhappy people.  GreenBow I had to set the Adapter address to 10.10.10.1 or no network access happened.

2. Neither of the VPN clients seem to be recognized by the router as being disconnected, once the tunnel is opened, it stays open until a router reboot.  Anyone have any suggestions, would rather not leave the tunnels open.

3. Tunnels being left open are due to the RV130 not supporting DPD (Dead Peer Detection), ensure both Shrew or Greenbow have that option turned OFF and the tunnel will not be left open, if you wish it open, leave it on.  Shrew has it per connection but Greenbow has it under preferences for all connections.

surejam
Beginner

Doesn't work on Android and iPhone despite choosing the right protocol (IPSec Xauth PSK on Android and IPSec Cisco on iPhone).

There is no Cisco branded VPN app available for download except AnyConnect which is not compatible.

Other brands provide free VPN apps for their VPN routers, why not Cisco ? Do I really need to use PPTP which is no more secure ? :(

This widget could not be displayed.