cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco VMS Black Screen

VMS displays a black screen after connecting to our IP cameras. I can see the cameras when we browse directly to their IP address, Cameras and VMS software on the same subnet, VMS is running on a Microsoft Hyper V, 2.5 gig processor, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB hard drive. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner

under-spec'd video card likely.

Highlighted

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I am going back through some of the older post here for Surveillance and making sure people have been taken care of. Did you get this issue resolved?

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Highlighted

I am having the same issue, was hoping to see a resolution. I imagine the problem could be as the first person responded. I am using a 2008 R2 Enterprise VM. Is the video going to be the problem for me? It does work fine when using the web innterface but inside the VMS, all is well except every monitor is a black screen and video will not play in the playback application either. Same thing there, black screen.

Highlighted

Hello,

According to the Admin Guide, the minimum specs are:

Dedicated display adaptor with 512 MB internal memory required. ATI

Radeon 4650, nVIDIA GeForce GF-9600, or above (ATI

recommended)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csbvsc/swvms16/administration/guide/sw_vms16.pdf

We frequently see issues with Windows Server as well as VMs, as they usually do not have a large amount of video resources.