cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Is VC220 compatible with MAC OS?

Hi Team,

My customer is having Mac OS and want to use VC220 on the same network. Can we configure and do the monitoring through Mac OS?

Second question, Do we have multiple USER Access Levels to do monitoring? If yes, then does the application have the intelligence to log the user details everytime the user logs in to do the monitoring?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Tahir Khan

3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast

Re: Is VC220 compatible with MAC OS?

I checked with my iPAD:

- you can view and change configuration

- you can watch live video if video mode is set to MJPEG

- you can't watch live video if video mode is set to MPEG-4

You need Apple QuickTime plugin for Firefox to watch live MPEG-4 video so there shouldn't be any problem to watch live MPEG-4 video in MacOSX but nevertheless I'll check that tomorrow and let you know.

There are 2 video streams you can configure independently and users are able to choose which stream they would like to watch.

You can enable discovery by Bonjour service (enabled by default).

Regarding your second question: there are just administrator and viewer roles. There is logging server installed on camera but user login and logout events are not logged by default and I couldn't find any way to enable it. You can enable remote logging on remote syslog server but can't set logging level.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I connected my Mac OSX to VC220 as I promised:

- live video streaming (MPEG4) is working

- administration through web gui is working

Regards,

Jernej

Cisco Employee

Thank you, Jernej. Very helpful!