cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

sg102-24 ports stop working

Hi,

We have two sg102-24 unmanaged switch with 40 clients connected, After troubleshooting for a problem we found that moving cable to another port resolve the problem, so i checked all the ports and found that more than 1 are not working.

Is there any kind of protection provided by the switch that disables the port or are these ports no longer functional at all?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Re: sg102-24 ports stop working

check the Logs when you plug the device to a port that not working. do you have any security features enabled on the switch?

if all the ports are configured as same as other working, this may be reason faulty port.

if the port is faulty nothing can help from the community - if you have a contract raise a TAC case for RMA.

Note: before raise a TAC case check is there any reason the ports are disabled due to some reason?

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Highlighted

This model is unmanaged so no logs, this is why i asked if there is some built-in protection that disable that port, otherwise i need to replace the switch.

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Sure agreed then replacement only options, since other port working when you move the device

BB
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Seems like those ports are faulty, you may raise a service request following the below mentioned link to replace the hardware…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Highlighted

afert some days i tried to plug me in the not working ports and they works.

is it normal? they make me think to some protection done by the appliance. is the sg102 able to do it?

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

This looks for me some port-security enabled on the port.

BB
Highlighted

what do you mean with port-security? something done by the switch? the sg102 is unmanged, is able to do this kind of activity?

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

you right, i was not realised it is plain L2 switch. ( never had one to look )

at this moment based on information, it was hard to say what causing the issue, check the Logs if you get any information or evidance .

BB