cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
clifford.gormley
Beginner

Use a light bulb socket -to- A/C outlet converter to power WVC2300

Hello,

Has anybody ever used one of those light bulb socket - to - a/c outlet converters to power a WVC2300?

Basicall, you connect one end of this converter to a light bulb socket (like one in a lamp), and you have a typical two-prong a/c outlet female plug available to plug the camera into.

I am thinkinig of doing this because I would like to use an existing exterior house lamp to power one of my cameras.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mr. Gormley, We do not have a wireless outdoor camera. But, I have helped customers who built a small Plexiglas enclosure for WVC210's before. Also there are several after market enclosures for the PVC 2300, (no wireless) but could attach to a PTZ stand.

My perference would be the WVC210 if I could get the right enclosure.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric Moyers
Rising star

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I am familiar with the converter, but have never used it for one of our cameras. I have used it for several different applications, but I would still use caution.

The real thing that caught my eye in your post however is that you stated you wanted to use one of your exterior house lamps to power your WVC2300. Exactly how are you placing this outside? the WVC2300 is not rated for outdoor use.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Hi Eric,
Thank you for your reply.

I was going to put it outside under an eave that is protected from any rain.

Maybe this is not good enough.

Do you have a recommendation for a camera that is good for outside use?   Wless is a priority.  PTZ would be preferred.
Thanks

Hello Mr. Gormley, We do not have a wireless outdoor camera. But, I have helped customers who built a small Plexiglas enclosure for WVC210's before. Also there are several after market enclosures for the PVC 2300, (no wireless) but could attach to a PTZ stand.

My perference would be the WVC210 if I could get the right enclosure.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

Thank you Eric.

That is a good idea.