Views
Helpful
Replies

WVC210 HTML5 and/or Flash Video Streaming

nickweisser
Beginner
Beginner

Hi there,

I've read various postings about accessing a video stream externally, but I didn't find anything about embedding the video stream into an HTML5 or Flash player.

I can access the home screen of the configuration software externally, but I don't how to continue from there.

From the documentation I learned that RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) is a standard for connected client(s) to control streaming

data (MPEG-4) over the World Wide Web.

So my question would be which address to use for the video tag's src attribute? Here's an example from VIDEOJS (HTML5 Video Player).

... I've done some more reading and it seems that neither HTML5 nor Flash supports RTSP. Flash only supports RTMP (Adobe's proprietary streaming protocol), so the question would be how to convert RTSP to RTMP without making things too complicated or selecting another wireless (outdoor) camera that supports streaming in a more web-compatible way?

Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated. It would also be nice if someone could point to a tutorial that particularly focuses on the embedding part of the streaming video (instead of port forwarding etc.)

Cheers,

Nick

0 REPLIES 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: