Did you mean: 
cancel

WVC210 video recording into Network Attached Storage NAS device

yalakoc71
Beginner
Beginner

Dear Cisco Support Team,

Will need your help on a few points:

The camera connection is established both wired and wireless. But, the camera will not start recording. I do not see any video files, appearing on the relevant destinaton folder (which I specify, at the SMB/CIFCS page). I tried to start the recording, via the home page of the camera, simply by pressing the special record buton. And that works, just fine on the same folder. So I know that the camera can record to the NAS drive, into the particular folder. What could be the problem? I need to use the recording on the SMB/CIFS section (rather than via the home page), as otherwise (if I start recording from main page), the recording ends, after the PC is shut down. I need to have a continuus recording, which is possible through the SMB/CIFCS page..

Look forward to your guidance.

Yalin Alakoc

5 REPLIES 5

Eric Moyers
Rising star
Rising star

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

A little background info if you don't mind. What NAS device are you using? Also, what steps have you completed to get that device ready to accept files? created shares.. etc.

Do you get any errors in the logs of the WVC210?

If you prefer and it might be a little quicker, have you tried calling into the Small Business Support Center for this Camera?

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate Post so other will know when answer have been found.

mpyhala
Rising star
Rising star

Hi Yalin,

When you add the SMB server into the camera, use the following guidelines:

SMB/CIFS Server: 192.168.1.20 (ONLY the IP address of the NAS)

Upload Path: Video (This is the name of the folder that you are saving to. Notice no slashes)

Login Name: admin (Make sure the user exists on the NAS and has the proper Write permissions)

Password: P@s5W0rD (Please use your own PW, mine probably will not work )

Maximum Size of Each File: 10MB (I would rather use 100 for fewer, larger files)

Enable Timestamp... (Why not?)

Usually the reason people cannot connect is because they are adding slashes to the IP or share. (\\192.168.1.20\Video)

Please reply if you have any questions.

- Marty

What are the server settings when wanting to use the USB attached storage via a Cisco EA4500?

S Drive on 'Cisco26644\FreeAgent GoFlex Drive'

Clayton Sill
Beginner
Beginner

Hello Yalin,

This is the filepath I used when I set up my WVC210 to record to my NAS.

/Recordings/WVC210

Now that I am looking back I am not sure why I have forward slashes instead of back slashes but works just fine. I just went to the folder I had created in my NAS and copy and paste the file path or I may have grabed the file path when I was setting up a map drive.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

After some playing I figured this out:

here's my SMB/CIFS setup using the EA4500 router(usb terabyte drive via usb)

WVC210 camera configs ising 1.1.1 firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: