Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1G Fiber Module Part Code for SG500X

Hello,

We Need SG500X Switch for its VRRP Features.  and also, We do have 1G Fiber on Network.  So, which fiber module can i choose for SG500X switch.

It do have 4x 10GE SFP+ Ports.

Can i choose MGBLX1  for SG500X for 1 gigabit fiber connectivity?

Thanks

Sandeep

3 Replies 3

davidagu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sandeepkumar,

Yes, you can choose the MGBLX1 fiber module. It is a compatible 1GB single-mode fiber module that will work with the SG500X series.

For a full list of compatable SFP/SFP+ Modules, please refer to the "Supported SFP/SFP+ Modules" section of the Sx500 Series Datasheet: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps10903/ps12128/c78-695646_data_sheet.html

Kind Regards,

-David Aguilar

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Hi Sandeep,

You left the fiber description out of your request, so i thought i better ask a qualifying question, so you order the appropriate SFP.

MGBLX1 is a SFP designed for running over  single mode (SM) fiber.

MGBSX1 is a SPF designed for running over multimode (MM) fiber 

The fiber you have onsite may have writing on the side that says,  50um  or 62.um or may be orange.  This cable is multimode  cable

if the fiber is MM,  50um thick then you may have a range of no more than  500 meters with a p/n MGBSX1

if the fiber is 62.5um thick then you may have a range of around 220 meters with a p/n MGBSX1

The fiber may have writing on the side that says 9um,  or may be yellow - This is singlemode cable

regards Dave

Hello David,

Thanks for your response.  We do have Single Model fiber. Thats why earlier i have mentioned Single mode fiber Module Part Number MGBLX1.

I want to know that Is SG500X ( with 4x 10G SFP+ Slots) can support 1G single model fiber Module?

Thanks

Sandeep