Views
Helpful
Replies

4500X VSS Network connectivity

Pranav Mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to connect 2 DC which have 4500 X (3.6.0) core switches in which VSS is enabled. 

As per my knowledge to achieve redundancy using multi-chassis etherchannel, A is better option however is there any pros /cons from IOS / Hardware/ Configuration / SFP point of view which you have experienced / Know about that need to be considered before implementing either of attached options.

Let me know if in case any other scenarios is better than A to achieve redundancy(100 % network availability)

Also which option will be better to from Multichassis Etherchannel point of view - PAgP /LACP

Displaying image.png

Secondly - 

After googling I came across below commands related to recovery IP address.
However command is not configured on specific port , so how this command gets related with particular port / is there any other command to assign recovery IP to any particular port.

Inline image 1

Switch# configure terminal

Switch(config)# switch virtual domain 19

Switch(config-vs-domain)# dual-active recovery ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

2. Do we have to connect the recovery port to any particular downstream access layer switch to access recovery mode switch.

3.Have you come across scenario in which all VSL links goes down ? what can cause failure of all VSL links?

4. what we have to troubleshoot further once we get access of recovery mode switch(which was active initially) via recovery port (Via TELNET if I am not wrong) in order to reestablish VSL connectivity

0 Replies 0