Helpful
Replies

about special ports?

sundar ganesh
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

i have cisco sg 300- 28 port switch.

in 28 port why 4 ports are isolated from others..? is there any difference between them...?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sundar, to add to Endless, these ports do not have any specific or special role. You can use them in the same capacity as any other port.

I think what Endless is saying, on the 10/100 switches those are still gig-e ports which can be used as a more efficient uplink port than the 10/100 ports. I also think the same on the gig-e switches since it is easier for labeling.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

endless-desire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sunder

These ports are Gigabyte ports (1Gb traffic) and the other's are 100 MB.

In my case I use them to link between two switches and to link Servers that use lot of trafic

Good luck

Hi Sundar, to add to Endless, these ports do not have any specific or special role. You can use them in the same capacity as any other port.

I think what Endless is saying, on the 10/100 switches those are still gig-e ports which can be used as a more efficient uplink port than the 10/100 ports. I also think the same on the gig-e switches since it is easier for labeling.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X