cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Adapting Fiber SC Connector to SRW2048 Switch

Trying to replace 3Com Superstack II Switches (3C16980) with 100Base-FX Modules (3C16970) with a Cisco solution. Existing Fiber connector in Network closet on both ends is an SC connector (picture attached). What Modules, adapter cables do I need to connect to an SRW2048 switch at one end an SRW2024 switch at the other? Will this solution provide a Gigabit connection over the Fiber ?

I am looking at using SRW2048-K9-NA with MGBSX1 module at one closet and SRW2024-K9-NA with MGBSX1 module in the other closet at the other end of the Fiber cable.

I found an adapter cable that will convert an SC male to an LC Male and it looks like it will work but I have no experience with fiber. I attached a picture of this adapter as well. It is listed on line as  - 1ft Fiber Optic Adapter Cable LC (Male) to SC (Female) Multimode 62.5/125 Duplex

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate

Hi lbroering, looks like it will be fine. Here is some information I found about the patch cable you listed. It seems to be fine for a 1000base-sx which should pair okay with the SGBSX1. This should provide a gig connection as well. If you're going through a panel you will probably need to cross-over the connection otherwise should be alright.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate

Hi lbroering, looks like it will be fine. Here is some information I found about the patch cable you listed. It seems to be fine for a 1000base-sx which should pair okay with the SGBSX1. This should provide a gig connection as well. If you're going through a panel you will probably need to cross-over the connection otherwise should be alright.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

Beginner

Thanks Tom