cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adapting Fiber SC Connector to SRW2048 Switch

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to replace 3Com Superstack II Switches (3C16980) with 100Base-FX Modules (3C16970) with a Cisco solution. Existing Fiber connector in Network closet on both ends is an SC connector (picture attached). What Modules, adapter cables do I need to connect to an SRW2048 switch at one end an SRW2024 switch at the other? Will this solution provide a Gigabit connection over the Fiber ?

I am looking at using SRW2048-K9-NA with MGBSX1 module at one closet and SRW2024-K9-NA with MGBSX1 module in the other closet at the other end of the Fiber cable.

I found an adapter cable that will convert an SC male to an LC Male and it looks like it will work but I have no experience with fiber. I attached a picture of this adapter as well. It is listed on line as  - 1ft Fiber Optic Adapter Cable LC (Male) to SC (Female) Multimode 62.5/125 Duplex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi lbroering, looks like it will be fine. Here is some information I found about the patch cable you listed. It seems to be fine for a 1000base-sx which should pair okay with the SGBSX1. This should provide a gig connection as well. If you're going through a panel you will probably need to cross-over the connection otherwise should be alright.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi lbroering, looks like it will be fine. Here is some information I found about the patch cable you listed. It seems to be fine for a 1000base-sx which should pair okay with the SGBSX1. This should provide a gig connection as well. If you're going through a panel you will probably need to cross-over the connection otherwise should be alright.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tom