cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone else having problems with SG500XG-8F8T?

Michel Zehnder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm wondering if other users have massive problems with their SG500XG-8F8T gear as well?

When we first installed them and added them to the stack of another two SG500X-24P switches (so 2x SG500X-24P & 2x SG500XG-8F8T), we saw fatal errors and the whole stack crashing on a regular base.

Upon advice from Cisco, we split the stacks into two separate Stacks with the SG500X-24P's in one stack, and the 2x SG500XG-8F8T in another stack, connecting them together using redundant LACP trunk ports.

However, we currently keep losing the connection with both ports dropping out of the Trunk. Cisco was/is looking into this issue, but we haven't got any further in the last week or two.

Does anyone else have such problems as well? Do we have two "monday-models" of switches?

We're seriously considering getting a refund for them, they are unusable in their current state :(

Thanks
Michel

18 Replies 18

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michel,

Sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing.  I followed up with the support team and was informed that they opened the following bug case CSCus44862 regarding your issue.

You can track the bug fix development here: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus44862

Regards,
Cindy 

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks Cindy

Two comments about that:

- Could you link our case to the Bug: SR 632714595

- Is it possible to up the severity on that bug? The switches are completely unusable for us like this. They are just sitting there doing nothing currently!

Thanks
Michel

Hi Michel,

One of our escalation engineers will update you.

Thanks,
Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Hi Cindy

Unfortunately, this has not happened yet. We just had to reboot the switches again because they started miss-behaving :(

They are still unsuable for us :(

Thanks
Michel

Hi Michel,

I am sorry that one of our escalation team members didn't contact you.

Can you please private message me your email address.

Thanks,

Cindy

Is there anything that I can do to get a fresh pair of switches as an RMA to see if that helps? We have the units since November and still can't use them because they crash our Network. They are currently rotting in our Datacenter.

I'm not happy with Cisco support.

Hi Michel,

I was informed by the Cisco Small Business Support Center that your RMA has been processed and they have contacted you with further instructions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Cindy

Hi Cindy

Yes, we are getting replacements, and see if this solves our issue. Thanks for your help

Regards
Michel

I am considering this exact hardware configuration for an end client. I would like to know if there was a resolution to the issue, and if that resolution "solves" the problem. I do not want to deploy hardware that is "fragile".

Hi Larry

Unfortunately, the replacement of the switches did not resolve this issue, it remains. :(

We are still looking for a solution, the latest what we tried is to replace the cables that were used to connect the 2 stacks together. I have yet to change the traffic flow again to be able to see a result, but I'm currently on a business trip, and don't want to risk that while I'm away :)

Thanks for the quick reply.  I hope it proves to be cables for your sake.

Hey Micheal, I am told by Cisco that this issue was addressed int he latest firmware 1.4.0.88 and I am wondering what firmware level you are running on your switches because I don't see it listed in this thread. Also the boot levels need to be upgraded as well I am told. Thanks in advance for the update.

Hey Larry

We have been running 1.4.0.88 all time long.

/Michel

Hi Michel

Same problem with my stack:

Current stack mode is  : advanced-hybrid-XG
Topology is Ring
Stack image auto synchronization is enabled
Unit Model Name     MAC Address       Software  Master   Status
---- -------------- ----------------- --------- -------- ------
1    SG500XG-8F8T   b0:00:b4:57:3e:b1 1.4.0.88  Enabled  master                        
2    SG500XG-8F8T   34:db:fd:89:f3:5e 1.4.0.88  Enabled  backup                           
3    SG500X-24P     d4:d7:48:d0:4c:ee 1.4.0.88  Disabled slave                              
4    SG500X-24P     d4:d7:48:d0:4d:9c 1.4.0.88  Disabled slave

Any solution for this issue?

Regard,

Helder Coelho