cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Boot Error for SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed Switch

We utilize a SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed Switch between the modem and router. I have recently noticed that every 4-5 days the switch will fail to boot, resulting in a flashing LED light. A simple reset is all it takes to come back online, but I am at a loss as to why this occurs in the first place.

I am a newbie when it comes to both CISCO and managed switches, this is our first. I have tried to review the logs in the administration area but these events are either not logging, or being logged someplace where I am not looking.

Can anyone provide suggestions as to what might cause this failure at the 4-5 day interval? Or, if you have any suggestions as how I can utilize the logs to identify the problem, that would be appreciated too.

Also, we are running the most current firmware: 1.4.8.6

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

Re: Boot Error for SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed Switch

Hi, My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support ticket, so we can do a WebEx remote session and check the configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO