cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Boot Error for SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed Switch

brandontpa
Level 1
Level 1

We utilize a SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed Switch between the modem and router. I have recently noticed that every 4-5 days the switch will fail to boot, resulting in a flashing LED light. A simple reset is all it takes to come back online, but I am at a loss as to why this occurs in the first place.

I am a newbie when it comes to both CISCO and managed switches, this is our first. I have tried to review the logs in the administration area but these events are either not logging, or being logged someplace where I am not looking.

Can anyone provide suggestions as to what might cause this failure at the 4-5 day interval? Or, if you have any suggestions as how I can utilize the logs to identify the problem, that would be appreciated too.

Also, we are running the most current firmware: 1.4.8.6

1 Reply 1

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support ticket, so we can do a WebEx remote session and check the configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X