cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Can't find switch! SG200-8 (SLM2008-TNA)

I had a SG200-8/SLM2008TNA switch that I was using on my lab network (192.168.9.x)

One of my clients had an emergency so I moved the switch to their network (10.1.2.x)

I can't see the switch at all! Cisco FindIt toolbar won't discover it (other switches on the client network are discovering OK)

I changed my computer's IP to the range where the switch used to live...still can't find it

I also don't see any new devices in DHCP with cisco-looking MAC addresses.

Of course, the SG200-8 doesn't have its MAC address printed anywhere on it, and doesn't have a factory reset button.

It's passing traffic OK but I was hoping to get it configured via web console and set for SNMP monitoring.

Any ideas on how to discover/reset IP/factory reset this thing?

Thanks!

Greg C

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Can't find switch! SG200-8 (SLM2008-TNA)

Are you sure there isn't a tiny recessed reset button on the side of the unit beside the power on/off button? I have an SG200-08 (SLM2008T-UK) beside me which has such a button, and also a MAC address on its underside.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Beginner

Re:Can't find switch! SG200-8 (SLM2008-TNA)

DOH!

I can't find the switch because it's not a sg200 like I have standardized on. ..
It's an SG100d which has no management features.
:-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App