cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Can't ping across devices on VLANs on 2960X

Hi

I am setting up a office which currently has only one  switch, which is 2960x. Knowing that it supports  some of the L3 feature through "Lanbase routing" VDM. I have done the same. Following  settings have already  been done :

1. Loaded the right VDM

2. Executed "IP Routing" command.

2. Created  3 VLANs , VLAN 10, VLAN 11, VLAN 12 

3. Created SVIs for all the three VLANS having IP of respective subnets, ie  10.229.10.251, 10.229.11.251, 10.229.12.251 and mask 255.255.255.0

4. I have not set any default gateway yet thru IP Route command

Connected one laptop each on the ports which have specific VLAN access enabled  for VLAN 10, 11, 12

Configured IP  manually on these laptops with default gateway to be the SVI IP for the given VLAN

I am able to ping from a latop on Vlan 10 to the SVI of VLAN 11 and VLAN 12  but  from the same laptop can not ping to the laptop connected on the ports  of VLAN 11 and VLAN 12

Any help, tips and clues are  highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Rising star

Assuming you have checked

Assuming you have checked that both hosts have the correct subnet mask and gateways then it sounds like the config is fine.

Can you post the config of the switch itself?

Highlighted
Contributor

Sounds about right, but can't

Sounds about right, but can't be sure without seeing your config.  It could be something silly like software firewall not allowing ping..

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --