cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access default IP with Cisco Switch SF200-24p

Olkolpiseth1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I just bought Cisco Switch SF200-24 but I can not access to switch with default IP 192.168.1.254. 

I setup my laptop 192.168.1.4 and connect to Port No 1 but I can not ping too.

may all you help me please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

from Quick Start Guide:

To access the switch by using the web-based interface, you must know the IP address the switch is using. The switch uses the factory default IP address of 192.168.1.254 by default.
When the switch is using the factory default IP address, the System LED flashes continuously. When the switch is using a DHCP server-assigned IP address or an administrator has configured a static IP address, the System LED is on solid (DHCP is enabled by default).

Do you see System LED flashing continuously?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

from Quick Start Guide:

To access the switch by using the web-based interface, you must know the IP address the switch is using. The switch uses the factory default IP address of 192.168.1.254 by default.
When the switch is using the factory default IP address, the System LED flashes continuously. When the switch is using a DHCP server-assigned IP address or an administrator has configured a static IP address, the System LED is on solid (DHCP is enabled by default).

Do you see System LED flashing continuously?

Dear Michal,

It is working now, But it is take time to come up the port. 

thanks

yes, that's because of STP protocol, normally it could takes up to one minute to have port into forwarding mode. I suggest you to enable RSTP (rapid spanning tree) or enable portfast on every port pointing to end-user/server device. This adjustment will results that switch port transits into forwarding state in few seconds (up to 5 second).

Hi Michal,

Where I can setup RSTP or portfast on Cisco Switch SF200-24?

chapters "Configuring Rapid Spanning Tree Settings"

steps: "Step 1" (enabling RSTP) and  "Step 6" (enabling portfast/Edge Port)

...from Cisco 200 Administration Guide.

Michael, I can't access the switch either. My light is solid. I have a cisco router that has a DHCP range of 100 -149. I double checked the router it is 192.168.1.251. I pinged 192.168.1.254 and it can't be found. Any ideas. The address the switch wants to use is open. Also I have never been able to access it. I could have not reconfigured the address. Is there a way I can get a list of the address being used? I might be able to do process of elimination. Like I said, I did do a factory reset.

I have some issue with Cisco SG95-24 Switch.
I unable to Access this switch.

Dear Michal,

I am trying to connect to the SF200-48 by the default IP 192.168.1.254 while my computers IP is 192.168.1.253. The System LED is flashing continuously, but however it's not working. I reset the switch several times, but without succes. Is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance, 

Patrick