Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9X00 Licence Management

MadyS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have questions about managing Cisco licenses, especially the Catalyst 9X00 switches.

My network is in a confined area, my questions are:

1. Is it possible to install custom long-term licenses (3 years or 7 years) on my switches before integration and not to need the Internet for the duration of the license?

2. In the event of a vulnerability discovered during this period, download the updates and install them locally via a USB key for example?

I emphasize that the objective is that the switch does not have access to the Internet. I also don't want to use DNA but only local updates.

3. Do Catalyst 9X00 switches need to go online regularly to update? I would like to know if they are obliged to communicate with a cisco server continuously as for firewalls.

4. Is it possible to request PLR (Permanent Licenses Registration) for its fleet of switches from Cisco?

5. Are synchronizations with Cisco Smart Software Manager (CSSM) from the Cisco cloud or Cisco Smart Software Manager satellite (CSSMS) mandatory when you have a PLR license?

Note: I ask these questions because in my research, I saw the explanations below and it is restrictive for my environment:

The CSSMS (client site) automatically synchronizes with the CSSM (Cisco cloud), there is no information on the synchronization frequency other than the fact that if the CSSMS has not synchronized with the CSSM since more than 31 days then an alert is generated on the 32nd day.

On the 90th day an out-of-sync alert.

After 365 days of non-synchronization of the CSSMS with the CSSM, the revocation of the CSSMS certificate is automatic and a new CSSMS must be deployed. If the certificate is revoked and a new installation of CSSMS is done, certificates must be re-injected into the switches.

Thank you

0 Replies 0