cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250-48PP-4G too loud

ND336
Level 1
Level 1

Got a brand new CBS250-48PP-4G and something seems to be wrong, because the switch is too loud. Datasheet says ~ 37 dBA, my own measurement says > 50 dBA while nothing is attached, all ports are unused. Did I get a damaged device or do I miss anything?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably needs to be replaced (indeed)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thx. Do you know in which distance to the switch  the measurement of the 37 dBA was done?

jimstewart77
Level 1
Level 1

standard for measuring dbA would be at a metre distance.  Sounds like you have a faulty one but if your that sensitive perhaps look at the fanless variants and see if they will meet your poe need.  might take two switches such as the 24P or 24pp to achieve the same but they should be silent

Thanks a lot. Already have a fanless 24P-4G, which I want to replace by the 48PP-4G. The ~ 50 dBA are not the problem in general, but I just want to prevent having a brand new but faulty device. I’ve just ordered another one and will return the existing one. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X