Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250 - Ge Access switch to Trunk as soon as I connect the equipment

Ciscorudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I'm opening this thread because I have a problem with one of my switches cisco small business CBS250.

I have different VLANs configured with access ports.
Unfortunately when I connect a certain type of ehternet equipment it switches my access port to truck without any action from me.

How is it possible that connecting a network device to the port causes the access port to become a trunk?

This should not be allowed, especially since it causes problems.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Auto Smartports feature available on Cisco Catalyst switches allows a port to automatically detect that you’ve attached a device it can recognize  , but it often leads to trouble , check the port configuration and disable it if found , also check the global device configuration and or you can also disable the smartport feature globally ,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@Ciscorudy 

So strange. Maybe you have the smartport feature enabled?

Kris K

Hello,

Many thanks for yours answer.

Where is the feature smartport ?

The Auto Smartports feature available on Cisco Catalyst switches allows a port to automatically detect that you’ve attached a device it can recognize  , but it often leads to trouble , check the port configuration and disable it if found , also check the global device configuration and or you can also disable the smartport feature globally ,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

Thank you for this answer. 

Indeed the issue was le smartpot feature on auto.

Now it's work.

Many thanks.