cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing Small Business Switches for Hotel

mrclyde85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm working in one hotel and they're having trouble with the network. Switches on the floors they use are primarily from other small brands - TP-Link, Repotec and other brand. There are no VLAN's, so there is no separation between personenels and guest rooms'traffic. The speed we have from ISP is 50Mbps, but for the guest room I don't think this is going to be such a matter. I want to ask you what switches should I buy from 200 smart series? I'm looking towards Gigabit ones, I'm sure FastEthernet will be enough, but I think they will soon stop producing them so they're won't be a support and guarantee.

1 Reply 1

gloidl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunatelty you dont say what kind of problem the Hotel is experiencing with its network.

Important information would also be how many concurrent users we are talking about as well

as how many ports you require amongst some other important information like PoE and what

kind of traffic there that needs considering. By that I mean not only data but maybe voice, video too.

May I therefor suggest you contact the helpdesk directly so we can try to assist you further

and helping you to chose the right product.

regards

horst

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X