Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 200 Series returning back to Vlan 1 after reboot

ifthi.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have recently got one cisco 200 series 24p switch for some employees. They have Cisco 7960 Ip phones and PC. I have configured the switch properly. The users can use their IP Phones and work on PC network. However, next day morning I get a call that their ip phones are down and no Network. I saved the configuration many times and configured the switch again as it was going back to some weird configuration which I didnt do.

Data Vlan is not tagged

Voice Vlan is tagged.

ports configured as trunk ports.

This works, as I can see users using their ip phones and Network. But next day again I receive calls that their network is down. How is it possible!

This is a temporary location. They run on electric Generator so they stop while leaving office. Is this turning on and off of this generator making problems? how the configuration is going back to something which i didnt configure??

Any help please. This is driving me crazy.

Ifthiquar

3 Replies 3

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

So basically, your switch reverted to its original configuration and based on your statement
you confirm that after configuration you save it?

Hmmm..if that is the case, probably hardware issue 

Thank you.

I got to know the problem. The problem was even after configuring datavlan as 6 for all ports, after every reboot it was going back to 1.

In port to vlan, i forbid vlan 1 for all the ports. and in the default vlan after reboot i mentioned the datavlan ID 6. saved the configuration and all is well now.

Nice to hear,

Always remember to apply your changes and save them :)

Don't forget to rate/mark as correct :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X